Curriculum Vitae Tips
Tips for your Curriculum Vitae
Are you a CREATIVE PERSON ? If you work with computer, you are a designer or a webmaster developping website, probably you can write a CV in html that you can use as a business card to show what you can do: working on a nice CV template you can show your capabilities. But don't be too creative: this is still your curriculum vitae.
When you put on the CV all your information, professional experiences and studies everything seems to be perfect but it's not. Now you need to read it and readi it again and again. Clean it, hide your weak points and underline your strong points.
Bold: use the bold style. People reading your cv will take attention to the words you are stressing. Your Curriculum Vitae will be read in 30seconds maximum, you have to make it so that the examinator will read only the part you need to convince them to call you back for a job-interview. They won't read all of it. So...you have to be sure that they will read at least what is the best you have to offer.
Write in first person, I am, I like, I live...and check that all the text are readeble and colloquial. People reading they should find any problem, text that is not clear, they should try to think about question like "why it took so long to finnish the university...) so everything should be really clear from the beginning. Reading from the top to the bottom as water falling...no obstacle. And even worst...try to avoid any kind of ortographic or typing mistakes.
CV file's name: use your first name and last name. MyName_LastName-curriculumvitae.html. You should name your CV something like cv.doc, curriculumvitae.doc, curriculum_vitae.doc. You will be just one between many others with same name.
How to write a curriculum vitae? keep it simple
What font should I use? Use Verdana or Times New Roman. Verdana is the one you can better read on the screen and Times is most usefull if you are planning to print the curriculum. Don't use bizare font just to be creative. They are difficult to read and they will go streight to the trash.
Which Template should I use? On our site you will find soon lot of personalized styles that you can use with your Curriculum Vitae.
Correct all the mistakes: cv smaple doesn't mean anything. Write and check what you wrote before sending it
Some rules from a famous italian writer
- Doesn't metter which road you choose. Important is to arrive till the end. (Non importa che strada scegli. Basta arrivare)
- Be prepared for a local crisis (Preparati ad una crisi locale)
- There's people outside. Let them recognize you (C'è gente, là fuori. Fatti riconoscere)
- Became essential. If not possibile, then try to be useful, needed (Diventa indispensabile. Se non è possibile, sii almeno utile)
- Be unfoundable, but reachable ( Sii introvabile, ma raggiungibile)
- Be Informal, but respect (Sii informale, ma rispettoso)
- Be Syntetic, but with sosance (Sii sintetico, ma sostanzioso)
- Be modern, not mode (Sii moderno, non modaiolo)
- Be updated (Aggiornati )
- Condider yourself an investiment (Considerati un investimento)
rules from Beppe Severgnini: